Monday, March 12, 2012

FiftyFifty Brewing Co.

Last week my friend Rick and I went to FiftyFifty Brewing over in Truckee. They are best known for their Imperial Eclipse stout, but they are also a brewpub with a wide selection of beers on tap. We took a brief "tour" - the place was small - and then were treated to a sample of all the beers on tap, including Eclipse. My favorite beer of the flight was by far their barrel-aged Belgian tripel - I'm sad that they don't offer it in growlers or I'd have taken one home.
The highlight of the night was getting to talk to the Brewmaster, Todd, for about half an hour. I really look forward to going back there again and having more great beer and great food. Plus, it gives me an excuse to have more of that awesome tripel.


Same view from the other side.
Fermenters.
This must be where all the Simcoe went.
A sampling flight. From left to right: Top Row - Pale, Amber, IPA, Porter.
Bottom Row - Farmhouse Ale, Witbier, Tripel, Totality RIS, Eclipse RIS. 

No comments:

Post a Comment