Monday, June 25, 2012

Garden update

It's been awhile since I've posted about the status of our garden. In addition to the usual suspects - tomatoes, pepper plants, squash, etcetera - I also planted some wine grapes and hops this year. I had to be more selective with the grapes than hops due to the harsh winters (30 F and below). Unfortunately, the grape I was most excited about, the Traminette, seems to be DOA. I will likely replant it next year and cross my fingers.

Cascade. The centennial in the back isn't doing nearly as well. This picture was taken on Friday, it's now even taller (over six feet!).

Pinot gris plant. The goal, eventually, will be a Pinotlambicus clone. I will probably only get enough grapes for 1/2 gallon of wine this year, but not bad considering how young the vines are.
Worden grape, a hybrid table/wine red grape. Off to a late start.

No comments:

Post a Comment