Monday, August 6, 2012

Review: Batch Eleven (60/40 blend)


As some of you may recall, Rick and I bottled a few "blend" bottles of our Batch Eleven collaboration that was composed of 60% cherry chocolate rum porter and 40% blackberry porter. I finally opened up a bottle a few weeks ago.

Appearance: Dark brown with minimal tan head.
Smell: Cherry, berries, chocolate, caramel, vanilla, tobacco, some fig. Very complex.
Taste: Similar to the nose; lots of berry notes (cherries, blackberries, raspberries, and wine), oak, and hints of chocolate and molasses.
Mouthfeel: This one wasn't overly carbonated, about medium in body.
Overall: I think I still prefer my version for it's more aggressive chocolate and oak character, but this is still an enjoyable diversion.

Verdict: 3 Stars (out of five)

No comments:

Post a Comment