Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Red Flanders update

Today I racked my Flanders red to secondary. It's been in primary for a little over two weeks and activity seems to have slowed down enough for me to transfer it.

After having some difficultly with my racking cane/carboy cap, I ended up using my trusty auto-siphon (I will have to buy another one for non-sours, oh well!) to transfer the beer to secondary. I pulled off a sample to taste, and it hasn't really started souring yet, but has a nice flavor so I have confidence it will turn out well.

Now that it's transferred to secondary, I play to let it sit in the closet for the next six months or so before getting a dose of red currants and pomegranite seeds. If all goes as planned, I hope to bottle this sometime around New Year's.

No comments:

Post a Comment